As a general rule, most sheds and some cabins do not require planning
Planning will be required if the building comes within any of the 6 conditions stated below
- Not in front of house.
- Outbuildings must not cover more than 50% of land around original house.
- Not to be used as separate living accommodation.
- Must be single story. Eaves height max. 2.5 meters. Pitched roof max. height 4 m. Flat roof max. height 3 m.
- If within 2 meters of boundary, no part to be more than 2.5 m high.
- Planning permission may be required in Conservation or housing development areas, and for Listed buildings.
At the Shed factory we can make any size & most shapes to fit your needs. Size only subject to the laws of timber engineering and physics. Our advice is free. Call 01483 224 186 or Contact us.
We hope that the Planning Advice was of use to you.